Mary Katrantzou for Topshop


It was only 2 and a half years ago that I was researching Katrantzou for a design project, after finding her presented as one of NEWGEN's new and exciting designers. Today, she is one of the most promising and quickly rising designers of SS12. This season's collection has already been featured in several big magazine, has been warn by important clients and now she is planned to release a collection with Topshop on February 17th. Personally I am in love with her work. It really inspires me how she uses such a vibrant mix of prints to create very dramatic garments, in some quite structural shapes, to ensure that you can not miss her work. Another thing that I admire about her work is how she uses print - as her digitally prints have the ability to create the illusion of them actually being 3d. Personally it makes me (as a viewer) want to reach out and touch the garments, to take a closer look, showing just how well she can entice her audience. See more of her capsule collection bellow. . .

And as for me, I think I may save up for a piece - after all I have uni interviews coming up and want to look my best! And who better to wear, than a designer who inspires you!

You have just read the article entitled Mary Katrantzou for Topshop. Please read the article from Fashion Design About , , , , , , , , , , , more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : http://rogancakes.blogspot.com/2012/02/mary-katrantzou-for-topshop.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment