It is a fact that film is a great inspiration of fashion and culture, and since Gucci previewed their SS12 collection, 1920's art deco has been on the rise, with the help of the eagerly awaited film The Great Gatsby. So it is no surprise that Harrod's summer campaign conducts a similar feel of decadence, as a nod towards Baz Luhrmann's new masterpiece. In other news, photographers and producers have been busy too, with lots of inspiring pieces of artwork catching my curious eye this week, including Karl Lagerfeld's film showcasing the beginnings of Chanel (which is entirely worth the watch despite it being a little lengthy!). And who could forget about the Met Ball 2013, with some (quite frankly) shocking outfits warn, counteracted with some absolutely stunning designs. So hope you enjoy, let me know what you think!
1. Harrod's The Summer Of Now SS13 ad campaign
2. Dane Shitagi's urban photography.
3. Once Upon A Time ... by Karl Lagerfeld for Chanel
4. Style at the Met Ball 2013 - in Dior, in Stella McCartney & in Givenchy Haute Couture by Riccardo Tisci.
5. Kimberly Cole for FM photoshoots with Iggy Azalea (mainly look at the style here!!! Young and fresh!!)